Saturday, May 16, 2009

Like Fire Ants Swarm From Their Mound

Glean what you will from it. Not even the one whom knows me best can pin down its full meaning.

Like fire ants swarm from their mound
My contradictions flow,
A sheet of red lain on the ground
With hidden hells below;

My brain has bled out all its ways
With small and surging sockets,
Lost is the fuel from younger days
With which we fired rockets.

With hardened steel, and harder limb
I’ve herded wolves at night
From sheep and goats I’ve guarded them,
So fearless in the fight.

I’ve courted girls of wood, and brass,
Been serious with games,
Beheld the face of every lass
With features rearranged;

Uranium then fills my lips,
And tears of Christ are mine,
The timber masts of fishing ships
Do sway and roll in time;

And your still here inside my bed,
Your sleeping form, divine.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home