Friday, March 06, 2009

Loneliness

Alrighty you, (yes YOU) I have something finally to say. Sit down and put on a mug of coffee or something, popcorn too if you can afford it. But its really bad for you, so you shouldn't, so if you don't have any then its o.k

Dear Jesus, please bless this time of heart sharing in Jesus' name.

I got run over by a car the other day, and now I have no feet! The doctor said I had to amputate them or else gangrene would set in. But I also read somewhere that its always best to start something serious with some stupid lie to lighten things up, so you can just disregard everything I said right there.

Seriously though, I got something really cool to share with you. I don't know if you know this, but I battle a lot with loneliness. Have ever since I was a kid, and sometimes its good, sometimes its bad, but recently it has all been topsy-turvy besides the fact that Topsy-Turvy Day already passed long ago. Anyway, the Lord has kept me through those battles and helped me through the years with them, but they never seemed to just "go away" you know? Sometimes I've tried to fill it with people, or things, but that's only made things worse for me.

But the other day I made a real brake through on it. You see... I just stopped trying!

Now I know your probably thinking, "Ooooooo.k. That sounds nice to hear." But before you start to think that I'm all joyous over nothing, let me explain. You see, before I would always try to fill the void and would only come to Jesus when I needed an extra boost in order to keep fighting. I tried reaching out to others, but that didn't work much for me either. So this time instead of trying to get rid of the feelings I was having, I tried embracing them instead. I thanked Him for the trial I was going through and that it gave me the perfect opportunity to deepen our connection together and it really worked. I feel better now then I've felt in weeks!

Now I'm not saying this to try to make you feel like I've discovered some magic pill that can take all my problems away.(Though that would be pretty cool, and if I do contact me, and I'll ship you a box of them half price.) Things are different for different people, and what works for one might not work for others. I just wanted to tell you about it, because I know that a lot of my friends have been going through these sorts of trials recently and stuff.

And I just thought that might help you out in some way.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 AM , Blogger Elisa de la Torre said...

thanks dear...it actually does help
a lot
:)
you really dont know

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home