Monday, July 09, 2007

East meets West

It seems a funny thing really: whatever thrid world country one can possibly go to the people there try to imitate the west in some area or to some degree. Granted, some do it more then others... and I'm sure we've all heard Offspring sing, "The world wants wannabe's yeah" but really, when one thinks about it, the imitations are quite amusing.

In Romania its mostly in the music. When I first came here I thought the streets would be filled with like gypsy stuff--you know, citars, tamborines--Emuzeki type stuff... Heh, boy was I WRONG!! They try to copy the western music industry at any given oportunity which is kinda funny really, cause they do it so badly.

Like today when I was doing pickups, there was this one song playing (I think it was supposed to be country) but the guy was putting on this voice that sounded something like a badly done Arkansas accent and a squaking chicken dunked repeatedly with the entire chorus being "Woah-hoho-Woah-hoho-Woah-hoho-and-a-rang-dang-dang." I mean, gawd, it elvates the normal country stuff to sound like ACTUAL music.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, there was this music video I saw when we were in the store. The singer looked like a mix between Ricky Martin and Little Red Riding Hood. Gayer then an Emo (with a large cheesy grin on his face that screamed "come close and I'll rape you") half the music video consisted of his Pitbull and French poodle head banging and some girl walking into a club to find it full of people that look exactly like him. I'm sure if the video went on long enough he would have started making out with himself or something.. hehe.

The moral being.... there is none. Just stay away from music in general when on the feild... unless its family. Thats usually the best bet.

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM , Blogger Boo ya said...

hahahah i know what u mean..lol. lov ya

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger Christina Cuevas said...

Wow, I cant believe your there! I havent kept seen your blog in a while. Im so happy you got to travel a bit.

... ''pitbull banging a poodle..
hahaaa
ahem

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home