Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hello World...

Greetings humans from the far-off city of Cluj; it’s a place of narrow streets and ancient buildings, a place where stray dogs and Gypsies walk freely along the streets and students sit for endless hours in beautiful parks. A place where nearly everybody speaks English (scored big on that one huh?)… But first let me tell you about the trip, it was an adventure and a half—to put it modestly…

Right so first off this was my first time ever flying, kind of scary when on thinks its going to be on two different airlines and a good 16 hour trip by plane to Hungary and another 8 by bus. First thing the pilot tells us once we are above Toronto is that their expecting “mild” thunderstorms until we reach the Atlantic which means that for the first two hours it felt that the plane was the skies giant vibrator or something. One of the stewardesses wasn’t wearing a bra either and she had big boobs so it was pretty funny seeing her walking around… heheh. The first inflight movie was alright, the other two kinda sucked so I spent the rest of the night starring out the window and trying my hardest not to look at the couple making out incessantly on the seats next to me.

Then I reached London and, honestly, there are only two words to describe it: large… and dirty. The thing should be a city in itself its so huge. Everything goes incredibly slow there so it took awhile to book my tickets and, after I do so I find out that I’m on the second part to the airport (it has two parts to it) and my flight is leaving in less then an hour. Brit signs are impossible to decode too so I opted to asking a security guard how to get there. Brit directions are nearly as impossible to understand as their signs. So I’m standing there, trying to decode whatever the guy is mumbling about when this guy in his late twenties calls out to me. Blonde guy, total surfer and his very presence reeked of cheep whiskey. Turns out he’s from California and overheard me talking to the guard with my southern drawl so he decides to help me. Leads me to my terminal in just enough time to get onto my flight (see, see, all my “ya’lls” finally came in handy.)

Anyways yes, British stewardesses are overrated, IMO… most of them were men (go figure, eh?) And the other half were ugly. So much for the hotness of British airways. The flight was bearable enough, was sitting to this hot French girl in her mid-twenties and he boyfriend. They didn’t talk much and were a bit too mushy for my tastes so I didn’t try to converse too much.

I was surprised at the tiny size of the Bucharest airport though. It was the international one and the thing could have fit comfortably into the palm of my hand. Missed my first bus, managed to get on another one that was with the same company. Didn’t sleep at all during the bus-ride though, drank a whole bunch of energy drinks and eyed the gypsies with the utmost of feverish intensity…. Was too afraid of being robbed.

But yes, all that to say I’m here… things are looking quite good (not jet-lagged at all.) I’ll have more updates later… too tired to write anymore.

Caio

4 Comments:

At 3:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah im so glad the trip was so very smooth...lol. know how u feel about the gyspsies. theyre rumored to do almost anything. i lived in romania for 8 months..i know the pain. :D but i love you and im praying for you!!!!! xoxox

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Mike said...

awesome, glad to hear ya got there safely dude, GB!

 
At 5:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Score. Poor you...flying all on yer onesies...on your virgin flight. Glad you made it tho, was praying for you. Keep us posted...CIAO

 
At 11:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dre glad to hear that some one else from the crowd made it to this side of the world give me a ring if your ever in my neck of these here woods, and about those gypsies if you get a chance try and get some legislation passed about them coming in to my country there a damn nuisance oh yeah and don't worry about the music it just makes people more hungry (spiritually that is) for better stuff, which I might point out we have yeah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home