Sunday, November 16, 2008

9:09

One thing is for certain: the Quantum of Solace is, hands down, the most god-awful film of the whole Bond series. And no, as much as I like the color of Daniel Craigs eyes, not even they could save it. There is nothing in the whole film that resembles the Bond legacy. The girl is only mildly good-looking, there is no evil villain with an insane plan for world domination, no annoying midget or overly ugly giant with metal teeth...no...nothing. The only thing it had like the other ones was the theme music, but even that was funked out.

I'm distraught about the whole thing really.

Anyway, so I went to this book store today without a dime in my pocket; but, you know, those places are great to spend an hour or three reading in. Landed my hands on History of the Ancient World and a few good Marvel comics. (score!) The music in that place was pretty decent too 40's jazz and swing... Anyway, so I'm sitting down in my little corner and there's this nasty, annoying little young adult couple cuddling about 5 paces off. You know, the type that are newly in love and want the whole world to know about it as they giggle, and slurp one frosty with two straws, and find it amuzing to go back and forth with "Your crazy..no your crazy...he he he" and their acts of "Oh-look-at-me-I'm-sucking-my-partners-teeth-from-their-jaw-but-I-don't-care-if-the-whole-world-watches-me." Bloody romantics...bah!

Anyway, I'm sure that I would not have minded had I not been trying to concentrate. Spider man kicking the snot outta the Green Goblin is a very solemn occasion.

Which reminds me, Lesner won his fight last night.

I'm so pleased!

4 Comments:

At 1:29 PM , Blogger Queen Killjoy said...

I agree. PDA is vile. I admit I had succumbed to it on occassion a few years back, but after watching someone else do it, I realised exactly how repulsive and bloody awful it is for the passers-by to watch. And Dre, you really should know better than to watch any of the new Bond flicks. Just the trailers were enough to make me mildly sick to my stomach. Here's to hoping the writers die an early death as punishment for subjecting us all to their works of evil...cheers.

 
At 4:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol.
(slurping is fun)
but not the "youre crazy no youre crazy" thing.
THATS disturbing.

 
At 1:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur just jealous that other ppl r gettin sum...

 
At 9:47 AM , Blogger thisisme said...

Actually no... I just genuinely despise flaunting, mushy, sticky couples.

And the Holidays.

But that's beside the point.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home