Monday, September 29, 2008

Home

I miss the people; the thick, drawling slang and the cowboy hats. I miss being able to sit next to a complete stranger and, within five minutes, have them talk to me like I'm their best friend. Lubbock college girls are some of the hottest I've ever seen!




I miss the food. First-rate steak houses and grills. Tex-mex and taquira stands that serve food as cheap as the dirt their built on. Faijita's just aren't the same without the salsa and fire-jalapeno sting.



I miss the big blue sky and endless stretches of cactus and mesquite. The random thunderstorms in the middle of the day, a night thats filled with more stars then one can count in a lifetime.




High cliffs, desert, and gorgeous sunsets...endless oil pumps and cattle range...I love this land more than almost any other. Every damn piece of it.


.


I'll travel everywhere ya'll, but Texas is my home.

7 Comments:

At 9:21 PM , Blogger Jason said...

These are great pictures...makes me want to hop in the Chevy and drive.

Keep on, keepin' on friend--

the limemonkey

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger Queen Killjoy said...

EWWWW!!!!!! You actually love this god-forsaken wasteland??? Can we trade places? I'd give up almost anything to be far away from these pits of Hell. But I agree, splendid pictures.

 
At 8:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, so sweet;)

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Elisa de la Torre said...

ahw that was touching

 
At 3:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloody patriotic buggers.
So what's up man?

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Boo ya said...

it looks lovely. i know what its like missing something like that. sigh. love you honeh.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger thisisme said...

Angie: Yep, love it! Every god-forsaken rock of it!

Gid: Work man... trying to move. Richmond said they'll take me for a trial period once the get over their bedbugs.

Limemonkey:... Heh... hello to you too:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home