Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fasting....?

I don't know if you've read the new summary on the MO site called "Megashift"...but basically its about miracles. Now usually, I don't like to read book summaries. I think that their a waste of time and that the actual book would be a whole lot better to read because you get the fuller picture, but I particularly enjoyed this one.

Anyway, something that they pushed a good amount is the discipline of fasting, among other things. Not just fasting from the world, or worldly input, but good ol' fashioned "I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food" sort of thing. To be honest, I really want to have the power of exorcism some day; and in the Bible one of the main was to get it is "through prayer, and much fasting."

All that to say, since reading that summary I've become increasingly interested about the idea of trying it for one free day out of every month, and giving that day only to Jesus, and prayer.

So yeah, wish me luck on it.



In other news: I have a three-inch cut on the bottom of my foot from doing a 25 foot jump onto gravel....barefoot. The moral kids: don't do parkour without proper footware. Looks like my training is out for the week....oh well.

5 Comments:

At 3:15 PM , Blogger Queen Killjoy said...

Dre, don't start practicing your exorcism on the children. Goodness knows what evil spirits you'll let loose on the world accidentally.

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Boo ya said...

lol...love you hun keep writing if you can!

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger The Revig said...

parkour... riiight...

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger thisisme said...

Yeah, parkour. Been learning it for like a week. Its mostly simple stuff from youtube movies and books; there's no school for it near my place.

But you only learn by starting, no?

 
At 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

parcour*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home