Saturday, June 07, 2008

Post Script

A little piece of the novelette I'm working on that, for the past hour, I've had the urge to post. Its part of the philosophical argument between Alexander and Satan, and my final analysis on Philosophy. The first speaker is Satan, disguised as a gardener, the second is the protagonist, Alexander Whittenburg.

“I have done what we have agreed; I have revealed to you the truth. Truth is God, govn’r, the only way which mortals can be made to comprehend Him. If not, then one cannot be convinced of His existence. It is impossible.”

“Ah, what useless jabber then is all philosophy and argument. One shall claim they have found the truth; another will come and challenge him. They both shall disprove the other and a third will then pick up the remains. Not one of them though will ever define the truth of life, or living. Yes, what a marvelous mockery of science it is: the grandest pedestal of ordure.”

“I agree, my man, I agree. And yet, what fools mortals are for tasting it so willingly.”

“Yes, fools, grand fools indeed.”

“Even those that use it?”

“Even those that use it.”

“Even those that condemn it?”

“Especially those that do!” I smiled, slyly.

“Correct you are then, what a charming tête-à-tête, one could use your wit in hell. But now to more pressing matters; the night wanes on, govn’r, and I must make haste to the America’s soon. Come now, sign this document for I have shown you the truth and you soul is forfeit to me.”

The discourse does not end there though, but if you want to read the whole thing, well then, consider this a taster or something of the sort. It should be out soon enough. Cheers.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:00 PM , Blogger Elisa de la Torre said...

ooh, I have tasted the taster, when is the rest coming?

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger thisisme said...

When its done... I'm hoping to have the first draft done by December, I'm not really sure though... want it to be a piece with some good substance to it.

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger Queen Killjoy said...

so this will be philosophically explaining god or something??? hrmmm....or maybe i read it wrong. oh well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home