Saturday, April 26, 2008

An Update or Three

So I'm sitting here waiting for a flick to finish buffering and I realized that I haven't updated in a good while. For those of you whom read this blog, my apologies; I have been--as I'm ascertained you are--dreadfully busy.

Its been yard-work, cooking, and dishes for me... primarily.

I've also begun to shift my reading habits. Especially my stance on philosophy, as I've been horribly depressed with some of my recent reads. It is, in my humble opinion, garbage for the most of it. Even in my earlier teenage years when I read more rhetoric then prose I could never stomach too much of it. Aesthetics, the Surreal, and Phonetics have always been my preferred topics and, since finishing The Master and Margarita and picking up The Picture of Dorian Grey, its been reinforced throughly. Its spilled over into my writing a little with my novella and I'm contemplating some more surrealism... maybe a thesis on Aesthetics vs. Traditional Philosophy (but that's still just a maybe.)

Anyway, hope you all have a good weekend and I'll have something more to write later on. Cheerio

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:37 AM , Blogger Queen Killjoy said...

the master and margarita was actually a little bit terrible, if you don't mind my saying so. by the time i got to the end i was completely dissatisfied and had to pick up a good charles reade and some w. e. henely to cure it.

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Elisa de la Torre said...

ah such deepness.
any thoughts on nietzsche? been studying him lately. though i dont agree with him i like him.
hey we're right now in search of a house in london......hard task, very hard

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Boo ya said...

it seems everyones busy...no one has time to blog anymore....including me. anyway i loveyou and keep posting, i DO read them!!

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger thisisme said...

Angie: I liked Master and Margarita for the exact reason why you don't like it. The surrealism that simmers forth from that book is intoxicating.


Ely: Nietzsche.... to be honest, I haven't read much of his stuff. Mostly its been Kant, Schopenhauer, Dostoevsky, and Hegel for me.

So you actually in London yet?

Kathy: LOVE YOU TOO!

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger Queen Killjoy said...

ugh...t`was not the surrealism that disgusted me....merely the boringness of it. sure some of it mildly amused me...but for the most part it was absolute drivel that had no real rhyme or reason to it. cheers...

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger thisisme said...

Thats only because you failed to look past the skin of it. If you look at it critically then, sure, it doesn't make sense. Look at it all symbolically or allegorically though and, I assure you, its quite multi-dimensional.

But yes, to each his own... cheers doll.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home