Saturday, April 05, 2008

Astronaut

Here's a scribble I wrote for you last month. God know I miss you, more then words could tell..


I saw it in the paper
Pasted on front page Wall Street,
It said that you’re all grown up
And are flying to the moon;
And I can’t help but wonder
If you’ll see me far up there.

Darling, I remember you:
We used to share our classes;
I would beg for detention
Just so I’d sit next to you.
I’d bring buttercups with me
Since you hated cement walls.

I hid you from your Daddy
When he was upset at you;
We fell asleep at my place
On the scratchy, basement couch,
The pounding rain on the glass
Sung us both softly asleep.

But friends part, and life goes on,
Your dreams were always ether;
So, up there, above the world
Is living any better?
How is life inside the stars
That never could contain you?

When you get there tell me if
There is a God, and whether
He’s got the world in his hands;
Kiss Him for the both of us,
And tell Him that I miss you
Much more then He’ll ever know.

Sign our names on every rock
Reaching from the moon to Mars,
Dance naked over Venus
No one there will stare at you.
You know that I would join you
If I only learned to fly.

Sneak behind Orion’s belt,
And snatch it while he’s sleeping—
I’ll be looking every night
To see if I can spot it—
And won’t that be a sight
To confuse the scientists.

And, when in orbit sometime,
Look at the bilberry world
Maybe then you will see me,
I’ll be waving back at you.
Before I drift off to sleep
To meet you among the stars.


Miss you darling, light a candle in a cathedral sometime for me. God knows I need it.

8 Comments:

At 1:34 PM , Blogger thisisme said...

Sorry guys... but, after deliberation, I've decided to delete the prior discussion.

Nothing against anyone that was involved...and I expect this to be the end of it. I hope though that it doesn't lead to a lessening of traffic on my blog. I just don't want a discussion about something completely irrelevant to the post to be up here.

And, to all of you that missed it...tough.

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger Taidgh Lynch said...

It was more than relevant you spoil sport ;) You're no fun at all. Vroom, vroom here's to more traffic congestion!

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger The Revig said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger The Revig said...

I am resiting the urge to ask the nature of it...

nicely done...

I still like the streaking though...

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Queen Killjoy said...

oh..sadness....i wanted to see if it posted a rebuttal....fill me in later, yeah? lol...love ya bro...

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Elisa de la Torre said...

hey Dre, I thot that was beautiful, take care ;)
PS. will prob end up going to Ontario, London. see you someday then!

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger thisisme said...

Dude, you serious? Wicked awesome... thats like spitting distance from where I live:D

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger Humphrey the Whale said...

I like this one, Dre. Keep it up......your wordliness makes me happy. You be good now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home