Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Years!

So, what will be your resolutions for the coming year hmmm?? Personally, I resolve to not resolve. Somehow, I always keep coming short of my goals, no matter how small I make them.

But a very happy New Years to all of you who read this blog. Hopefully this 2008 I'll find things of worth to talk about, not just for me, but you as well... hehe..

Damn, there I got resolving, heh.

Anyway, here's the last poem I wrote in 2007. Everything I've learned in a nice, little nut-shell:


Reflections While Waiting in the Snow

Outside, the night is bitter dark
And all about, the snow
Glints on lamps as if some spark
Could cause in them a glow.

Yes, tis tonight by lamppost thin
On snowy Christmas Eve
That I have waited, long has been
My dewy mind deceived.

To celebrate the death of years
Hang tinsel on the tree;
If I were one, dressed all in spheres
I wonder which I’d be.

And what have I, this year gone by
Complete that I’ve commit?
A spotless mind has spun awry,
Emotions hacked a fit.

And footprints in the sand I’ve seen
Have only been my own,
The things in life I’ve always been
I’ve always been alone.

Then what I’ve gathered in the smoke
Of love’s worthless battle
Has kissed my heart till I could choke,
My very spirit throttle.

What have I gained, if not to find
That life continues on,
And what’s contained within the mind
Is never truly gone?

Yet still, by flagpoles in the dark
I stand, and still await my spark.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home