Sunday, December 09, 2007

It is the most wonderful time of the year...

Bah humbug! That is what I have to say about it really.
Seriously though, for as much as Christmas means to me I must simply agree with Ebenezer’s judgment of: "Boiled in their own pudding, and buried with stakes of holly in their hearts."

That is not to say that I don't like the original day of Christmas. I enjoy Yuletide just as much as the next bloke. But, just as it is with Valentine's, I really do not like the cotemporary feeling that the season entails. Coincidentally, it is also with Christmas that couples flaunt their emotional goo all over those around them the most. Save perhaps Valentines... but on Valentines they keep it primarily to themselves. Strangely enough they catapult it across to those that don't have any in this season though. It sickens me.

I don't mind Christmas Day though, its good enough. Get to have my family come over for awhile. We usually celebrate it in a very traditional way and on certain subjects I'm a sucker for tradition, honestly.

Sigh.. my head hurts... I think I need something to eat.

I want to watch Love Actually tonight, and my 1932 version of Robin Hood.

Pray for me.

1 Comments:

At 1:49 AM , Blogger Boo ya said...

awww hun that sucks. i miss you. be happy, its christmas!!!! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home