Wednesday, October 17, 2007

On Coffee

This is something that came to me the other day. The way I realised it was because, at my home, good coffee is a rare comodity. Sometimes you have sugar for it, sometimes you do not. The same appilies to creamer.

Ahh the joys of the EE bloc!!

I have this mug, nice shiny thing, pure creamy white in color with a ceramic handle and rim. It holds one pot of coffee in it (we use this ancient thing that brews it over the stovetop, looks like it could be used as a mechanism for a Howitzer back in the 1800's.) Anyway, one pot fits nicely into my mug which about the equivalent of a lil over 2 cups of coffee.

Right, so the thought that I got was this: According to the Charter someone is only allowed to have two cups of coffee a day, however, it does not specifically state how much a cup truly is. Therefore my cup can be considered just that--one cup. However, if I pour into actual standard cups its then no longer one but a little over two, making m not able to drink it all. Then, following that, if I drink two of those mugs a day (which I sometimes do) I'll be drinking two days worth of coffee instead of only one.

Then what happens if I make my "two cups" the equivalient of two pitchers of the brew? What would one say then if I could, technically, fit it all into two cups?

Perspective indeed... if only the Charter applied this to alchohol too.


Was that a useless thought?? Common' smile and wave darlin, we all know it to be true.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:51 PM , Blogger Boo ya said...

im smiling. :D love u dre

 
At 1:12 AM , Blogger Marie Clay said...

If I could..I would send u some brazilian coffee...lord, you'll be up for days

 
At 6:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had EE bloc coffee, so I don't really understand what you are talking about. Coffee is great there, and about the ammount of coffee, I think the reason they didn't specify is because each country/continent has it's own way of making it. So, that means if you are american then one cup of coffee would mean a "normal" standard cup of coffee that they woudl give you when you go out, and a normal ammount of brew that you would use when getting a coffee at a bar. In Italy one cup of coffee is a tiny little cup (whic h is the equivalent to a "mug" of coffee in the States). And you have a standard ammount you use to make it. So, I think that is why they didn't really specify what 2 cups of coffee was, and they thought that the majority of people would get it. Ohh well...

 
At 12:56 PM , Blogger thisisme said...

As you will, anonymous.. Taste is built upon the prinicple of perspective. Nothing more, nothing less. In my opinion its not that great cause I've been raised on the Canadian, Arabic, and Brazillian brews.

On the amounts, I was trying to make a point. Nothing technical really. Though if they wanted to they could have been like "So many milliliters and no more" etc etc.

Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home