Saturday, October 21, 2006

Knowledge of Ignorance

I usually don't work with Verse Libre. In fact, I try to write it as little as possible. Something about it not haing any form irks me. However, for some odd reason I've been obsessed with it all day and finished a new piece this afternoon... Not the best of my works but oh well.

Knowledge of Ignorance

My mind is shot
The pen is dry…
Why?--
As I listen
To your soul cry

The dead know better
Then this
Assuredly,
Their hollow graves were wrought
By my tears

And the empty hand
That reached into
Your void,
Returns void
And empty
Again.

Yes! pretermit
My ignoble desires
Their disdainful indeed.
For all I ever wanted
To do
Was love you.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww that's so sweet! I love you, too!! hahahahaha... I know, it's not written for me, but it was a happy thought :*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home