Monday, October 16, 2006

In Search of Moles

I've recently began to read "The Wind in the Willows".... again. Really good book, kind of a family favorite... try to read it once a year. Never cared much for mole or badger, rat's alright. Toad's first rate though, he's my favorite literary character. Used to fancy myself akin to him when I was like eight or nine, curiously enough I had mania's for random household objects at that time as well. Thats when I began writing too

Speaking of writing though, I've finished a new piece. Blank verse... kind of a doodle in attempts to make my style a bit more spontaneous and random. Its been a long time since I've worked with form though, I'm starting to miss my rhyming couplets.

Anyways, here it is... and I'm off, I haven't eaten a bite all day.

Heigho Geronimo

Your simmered words weld upon
The crooked anvil of my ears,
Each note a twisted leap
As spiders shimmy on the cords
Of my marionettish heart.

Heigho Geronimo!

For, surely, there’s more fish that swim
In the murky depths of sea;
Yet, I care only for you—
My hallowed, hated, dream-catch.
I am you treacherous Ahab
Yet you’ve torn my heart asunder
And left both legs attached.

For, this is the bare subtlety
Of our shared, divining love.

3 Comments:

At 3:17 PM , Blogger Taidgh Lynch said...

I am still searching for Moley sometimes the world needs to crawl into the dirt and burrow down deep underground and sleep.

Nice to see you up and running and thanks for the link to my blog, all the best!

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger The Schminger said...

well go eat something, you manorexic. now.

 
At 11:54 PM , Blogger The Wump said...

hehe..I LOVE IT!
And I'm pretty much lovin you.
xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home